ICT Support Engineer (L2)
Full time Ongoing
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate and highly motivated ICT Support Engineer to contribute and be a part of our incredible Journey. Reporting to the ICT Manager, you will provide expertise and support to implement processes for the improvement of the team’s service, performance, and friendly customer support to assist the ICT department in providing ICT services throughout Victoria. You are a vibrant and customer orientated ICT Support person who is looking to join a highly skilled team that is focused on delivering innovative solutions to its customers.
Well regarded for your customer service approach and your ability to engage with your customers you easily work with all skillsets to support and resolve issues. Regarded as having sound level 1 & 2 knowledge and experience, you will actively engage with your key customers to support and guide improvement initiatives for optimal impact.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive team member who thrives on contributing to a positive team culture to deliver outstanding work.
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in providing professional, customer focused Level 1 & 2 ICT support to technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with IT systems and application implementations that support key business requirements
- Ability to work constructively and productively in a small team environment supported by vendors in an outsourced environment
- Experience in planning, prioritising and organising work, both on an individual and team basis, within a set timetable and in an environment of change and conflicting demands
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative and keen interest in staying up to date with technology
Key accountabilities include:
- Assist with the administration of the IT systems and associated hardware, software and databases, ensuring all anomalies or performance issues are addressed
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on supported application-related issues
- Provide technical support for software, hardware, Servers, printers and networking equipment
- Building computers using SCCM, WDS, CloneZilla, etc.
- Document and improve procedures, being proactive in the design and implementation of efficient systems
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to tax reducing salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the position description.
Applications close: Tuesday 16 October 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
**Flexible working hours, including some weeknights & weekends may be required. Travel to various locations across the State will be required**